Thursday, October 29, 2009

A very button-soupey schoolday lunch


Today, I came home from school for lunch, only to realize I had very little in the way of ingredients. Not feeling like another peanut butter sandwich, I gathered a few ingredients and set to work improvising. I sauteed 1/4 onion(chopped) in olive oil until a little softened and starting to brown, added half a medium chopped tomato, and then added a couple handfuls of canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed, leftover from the ratatouille. I salted, peppered and garlic powder'd the mixture, and then let it cook away for about 5 minutes. When it was ready I grated some white cheddar over the mixture, and ate it spooned over pieces of a whole wheat tortilla. Mmm.

Next up: balsamic glazed brussel sprouts, thanks to a suggestion from my lovely friend and fellow blogger Karen over at Does That Make Sense. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment